Next evolution of USB 3.0 and eSATA interface card
The FASTA-6GU3 Pro is the next evolution of CalDigit's popular USB 3.0 and eSATA interface card. This PCIe card has been revamped with the latest USB 3.0 Protocol and SATA 6G chipsets to deliver increased performance. The FASTA-6GU3 Pro's USB 3.0 ports now support UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol), which dramatically improves the performance and efficiency of the USB 3.0 interface. When paired with a UASP compatible device, such as the CalDigit AV Pro SSD, the FASTA-6GU3 Pro can deliver dramatically increased performance compared to other USB 3.0 PCIe cards using the traditional, less efficient BOT Protocol (Bulk Only Transfer). UASP improves upon BOT by allowing multiple command queuing, and the execution of out of order commands. It also improves the efficiency of USB 3.0 by freeing up system resources for more important tasks. Featuring two USB 3.0 ports and two eSATA ports, the FASTA-6GU3 Pro gives users the flexibility of dual interfaces while saving a precious PCIe slot. The FASTA-6GU3 Pro also has two internal SATA ports that allow users to connect up to two additional hard drives inside their workstation.
USB 3.0 with UASP
The FASTA-6GU3 Pro features the latest USB 3.0 technology called UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol). This allows the FASTA-6GU3 Pro to use all the available bandwidth of the USB 3.0 interface in order to get the fastest possible speeds through its USB 3.0 interface. The majority of USB 3.0 PCIe cards on the market do not offer this latest USB 3.0 Protocol. The FASTA-6GU3 Pro allows you to get the best possible performance from your connected devices.
The FASTA-6GU3 Pro features internal SATA ports that allow users to connect two extra HDDs inside their workstation.
Hot-Pluggable eSATA Interface
The FASTA-6GU3 Pro's eSATA interfaces are hot-pluggable. This means that users do not need to turn off their computer when connecting devices.
- 2 x 6 Gbps eSATA ports
- 2 x 6 Gbps SATA ports (internal)
- 2 Lane PCI Express 2.0 interface
- Compatible with all eSATA devices
- Backwards compatible with older eSATA devices
- Data transfer speeds up to 600 MB/sec
- Supports AHCI 1.0 programming interface
- Supports Mac OS X and Windows RAID features
- Supports Hot Plugging under Microsoft Windows 7
- Supports Bootable function
- Supports Port Multiplier(PM). Only one eSATA portcan support port multiplier at a time. Port multipliercapabilities will be assigned to the first device thatis detected if two are connected.
- Supports Hot Plugging under Mac OS Xwith RAID 0/1/10 devices
- 2 x 5 Gbps USB 3.0 ports
- Compliant with Extensible Host Controller Interface (xHCI) Specification Revision 1.0
- 2 downstream USB ports support SS/HS/FS/LS data rates(5 Gbps/480 Mbps/12 Mbps/1.5 Mbps)
1 Lane PCI Express 2.0 interface
- Support UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol)under Microsoft Windows 8 & Mac 10.8.4 and above.
Interface PCI Express 2.0
Port 2 eSATA 6Gbps+2 SATA 6Gbps(backwards compatible with SATAI & II)
2 USB3.0 5Gbps(backwards compatible with USB2.0 & 1.1)
Max Data Transfer Rate 6.0 Gigabits per Second
Min System Requirements Mac Pro (OSX 10.7 or above) or Windows PC (Windows 7 or above) with PCI Express x4 (lane) or higher
Dimensions Form factor specifications (L)140.0mm(5.51in) x (H)106.6mm(4.20in)
Environment Operating Temperature: 0°C ~ 85°C
Operating Humidity: 5% RH ~ 95% RH, non-condensing
Storage Temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C
Storage Humidity: 5% RH ~ 95% RH, non-condensing
In the Box 1 x CalDigit FASTA-6GU3 Pro Card